ESTABLISHMENT OF MULTI PURPOSE AI TECNICIANS IN RURAL INDIA (MAITRIs)
Selection, Training and Modalities of Implementation
- MAITRI are chosen from unemployed educated rural youth so as to generate employment.
- These workers are chosen from the local area, as they know the area and utility of the timely AI service
- Minimum education qualification: not below 10th class and End Implementing Agency (EIA) may not be look for higher qualification beyond 10+2. Minimum age for AI workers may be fixed at 18 years by EIA.
- MAITRIs are trained at accredited AI training institute (evaluated and accredited by CMU).
- MAITRIs are trained using uniform training module developed by Government of India
- MAITRIs are trained at the accredited training institutes for duration of 3 months (1 month classroom training and 2 month training in the field with AI service provider).
- After completion of training certificate and Unique Identification Number (UID) will be issued by the training institute.
- MAITRIs to be established under National Programme for Bovine Breeding component of the scheme National Programme for Bovine Breeding and Dairy Development (NPBBDD) will be multipurpose workers along with AI they will take up:
- veterinary first aid,
- agent for livestock insurance,
- ration balancing,
- milk recording,
- data entry in national database
- agent for distribution of fodder seeds root slips and stem slips etc.
- Demonstration on feed management, health management breeding management will also be conducted through MAITRIs under NPBB
- If MAITRIs are found to be deficient in their skill will be retrained at accredited training institutes for duration of 5 days.
- All MAITRIs will be retrained after every year for duration of 5 days at accredited institutes.